Tuesday, April 13, 2010

...AND...I'm back...

Ever since the marathon, I have not exactly been my normal running self. Part of it was "recovery" but the other part was "lazy." I guess I had been so mileage driven for six months, that I just wanted to not be for a little while. Of course, it doesn't make you feel very good not to run often.

I managed to run a slow and short 2 miles the week after Shamrock. The following week I ran twice, both times short and slow. Last week, I managed 3 days of 2-3 miles each time. I haven't been extremely motivated to get out there with bouts of heat, ridiculous levels of pollen, and finding other things to occupy my time. I have decided to try a few new things to get back on the train.

The first thing I wanted to try was get up and run before work. I went to bed EARLY on Sunday night after I laid my clothes out. Of course, I couldn't force myself up. Luckily, Chip decided he would run with me after work. We did a nice 3 miles around my part of the Beach. The last mile he made me increase pace, so we both managed to finish out of breath. Today I was forced to run alone. I finally got out there and ran a little less than 5 miles at a normal pace without feeling like my legs were made of lead. I'm back in business!

I ran into a running buddy this afternoon and he's already agreed to join me on Thursday. We are going to try out a running group in the area and join them for a hills workout. I'm pretty excited. I like new routines! Speaking of routines, I'm super pumped to get back into the long run routine. I need it, not to mention I haven't seen Karen in like 2 weeks! Hooray for back to normal!

No comments: