Sunday, August 29, 2010

Just in Time for Fall!

If you will recall, last winter we had several snow storms keeping many of us indoors for many days at a time. I had this brilliant idea that I would take up sewing since I couldn't go anywhere. Well, I didn't have that moment of brilliance until after the first time I was stranded indoors. So, I made my way to a fabric store the following week and picked up some stuff and printed instructions from the web to make a tote bag. Before I knew it, spring had sprung and I wasn't overly motivated to stay inside and sew.

Flash forward to August. I have placed myself on a self imposed spending freeze. I've had numerous unexpected expenses along with a few expected ones. So, I'm not shopping right now. This weekend I decided that I would finish the barely started tote bag so I felt like I got something new without spending any money.

Meet my new fall accessory, the lovely tote bag.




Here is one of the pockets inside. The stitch isn't perfect but I like to call that "character."

And to spice things up, I added a ric rac top stitch around the top. Again, not perfect but FULL of character.


What's next you ask? I'm going to see what kind of T-shirt quilt I can make out of all my old Starbucks uniforms. That will make a great blanket for snuggling on the couch this fall and winter!

4 comments:

Sarah Bragg said...

I'm impressed!!

TateandLily'sMom said...

I am super jealous and impressed...I can't even sew buttons and I really wish I could...

Joanna said...

Can I place an order?

Mindyb said...

Joanna! YES! I've actually considered making some and putting up on etsy.