Thursday, December 6, 2007

USPS, who needs them?

For some time now, I have been trying to think of a way to eliminate the United States Postal Service (USPS). With growing email traffic and the competitive alternatives in FedEX and UPS, there is very little that the USPS offers that others do not or could not. I am certain we have all had our moments with the less than exceptional service at the USPS. Come on now, why would they bend over backwards to offer legendary service? They get paid the same whether or not you walk in that door or go elsewhere. Don't get me wrong. There are always those postal workers that take care of the customer and even smile while they do it! But more often than not, I wonder if these people shouldn't have just stayed in bed. I know it is the holidays and their business has increased by leaps and bounds. That doesn't excuse slow service and no smiles. AND, why don't they have more reasonable hours?

Maybe my opinion is skewed because this is the only time of year that I go in there. Oh well, off to start my Christmas cards...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Because of our legal system and its dependence upon written signatures, I think we will always need mail delivery. However, how about considering every other day delivery? See my blog for a less drastic, but quite workable alternative: http://usps-every-other-day.blogspot.com/2007/10/original-proposal-to-usps-case-2517_16.html