Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Big 3-0

So, I got this idea today of a way to celebrate my 30th birthday. I have several friends that want to join me in running the Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon in September. I thought, "Wouldn't it be fun to get a house at the beach for the weekend and get together a group to run?" I have already called a few peeps to find out what they are feeling about it. I mean, it is an awesome accomplishment to run one and many people never consider it because they think it is out of reach. I am about to run my first in 3 weeks and I have thoroughly enjoyed the training. I just thought it would be a cool way to get some people fit and maybe even turn on some new runners. Is this a crazy idea? Amberly, since you are the ONLY person to read my blog, let me know. And if you are interested, let me know that too!

2 comments:

The Deavours Family said...

Okay, as excited I am about your 30th AND the fact that you gave me a shout out in your post...I'm going to have to pass!!! I've been out of town which is the delay in responding. This is the one in San Diego, right? I actually went a couple years ago b/c my sister in law ran in it. I got all inspired to become a runner. Read a book and everything. Right now, though, I just do WATER AEROBICS...so, unless there's a pool portion of the run..I won't be able to make it.

Sarah Bragg said...

Hey Mindy... congrats on the marathon! that is incredible!