Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Hoarder's Home

I have spent the last 2 days with my floor guys. Day one they removed all the paper backing from the vinyl that was pulled up earlier. This was in preparation for the new floors. Today, their 2nd day working, the kitchen tile was put down and the vinyl in the laundry room completed. Since the tile has to set, my oven and fridge have joined all of my other furniture in the dining area. And since the bathroom vanity cabinet has to be replaced, the new one is hanging out in the laundry room. Tomorrow, they will replace the bath cabinet and I assume lay the tile in the master bath.

I say all of this to say, I live in what looks like a hoarder's home. I cannot even watch that show from the stress and frustration of the living conditions. Yet, I am there right now. It is absolutely killing me. My dining room table blocks the door to my guest room so I have to enter through the guest bath. I'm trying to get some sewing projects completed in the midst of this chaos, so I have to enter the guest room through the bathroom and shimmy my way to the sewing machine, which is a straight shot from the bedroom door that is blocked. Ugh! All of my "stuff" is stacked in the guest room, not to mention my Christmas presents that I have already purchased. Everything that was in my bathroom cabinet is now hanging out in my bedroom. Nothing is in its proper place.

I cannot stress enough how anxious I am to get this place back in order! Looks like I can move back into my kitchen and laundry room tomorrow afternoon. Carpet dude is scheduled for Tuesday and any outstanding work on the other floors should finish that day as well. Fingers crossed this place is back to normal by Tuesday. I want to decorate for Christmas, but I'm starting to lose the motivation. What timing!

No comments: