Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's only appropriate...

As Christmas approached this year, I had grand plans of making lots of baked items and giving away to everyone I knew. Well, that didn't happen. As a result, I have more flour and powdered sugar than I know what to do with. So, I've been mulling over "items that require flour" since the beginning of the year. And then it hit me.

As you read from my last post, I made the greatest purchase of my life (so far) last Saturday. Yet to disappoint, I have already made 2 yummy soups and prepping for another one this week. Well, what goes well with soup? B-R-E-A-D.

I was reading Casey's blog this week and she referenced a new bread cookbook.

I was curious. Could bread really be prepared in 5 minutes a day? What's the gimmick? Well, I decided to go look through the pages at my local Barnes & Noble to see what this book was all about. I walked away knowing it would be the perfect accompaniment to my new Dutch oven. Tonight I ordered it from Amazon and it should arrive on Wednesday. That gives me just enough time to purchase the 2 items I do not currently own to make my first boule: yeast and an oven thermometer.

Remember the "Year of Pies" (which turned out to be the "5 Months of Pies")? I hereby declare 2011, the "Year of Artisan Bread."

No comments: