Monday, January 7, 2008

Strike 3, USPS is out

I have said it before and I will continue to say we do not need the USPS beyond mailpeople delivering to our mailboxes. I gave them one more chance today to redeem themselves as a member of the US Government agencies. I waited in line for 15 minutes and did not move an inch. There were 2 workers taking their sweet time at a counter designed for at least 6 attendants. The line was at least 10 people deep and zero urgency from the employees. This is poor customer service. But what do they care? They are employed whether we patron their facility or not. I think we need to completely privatize shipping needs and automate purchasing stamps. I do not need face to face interaction to buy a stamp or mail a package. I am perfectly capable of weighing the box and paying via credit card in a machine if they would make numerous package sizes available for the drop off bin. I am going brown!

No comments: