Monday, March 17, 2008

13.1 Miles and Still Smilin'

I DID IT! I completed my first half marathon yesterday. My running partner and I finished at our goal time, 2 hours & 15 minutes. I have enjoyed the training so much and truly understand what it means to be addicted to running. It didn't come entirely easy. I have suffered from a pulled left quad, tendonitis in my right foot, sports bra chafing, and finished it out with a jacked up knee from the half. I can't remember what it is called, but the side of my knee has a knot and is swollen. No funky colors though. Next up, Rock and Roll Half in September! Any takers?
This is me nearing the finish line with my running partner, Karen. I am very happy this thing is almost over!

Yummy post-race banana and my Shamrock "blanket." I even got a medal!

You can see the marathon runners coming down Atlantic. This group running by qualify for the Boston Marathon. They are the 3:20 pace. Not sure what mile marker 31st Street was for them, but they sure did look beat!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Mindy!! It is a great feeling huh? I hope I can join you in Sept!
Joanna

The Deavours Family said...

Congratulations!!!! And...you look awesome! I guess I need to take up running, huh?? I hate running.