Monday, March 31, 2008

Artichokes

Ok, if you know me pre-VA Beach, then you may not know that I have become rather adventurous with food. I love to try new things, especially new vegetables. Now, I have had marinated artichokes before and artichokes on pizza, but I had never had an artichoke plain. Well, Thursday night I learned from Alton Brown how to cook it whole or just the hearts, and how to eat them. So, I bought an artichoke this weekend and made it this weekend. Can I say this could be a new favorite food?!?! Of course, you have to work for your food, so that keeps you eating at a slower pace. Nonetheless, I love it dipped in lemon butter. YUM-O!! Anyone have other artichoke suggestions?

1 comment:

The Deavours Family said...

artichoke dip!! yum yum my mom makes the best appetizer and i can get you the recipe if you want to have it for guests. real cheesy with ritz crackers