Friday, January 9, 2009

Joel's Last DC Weekend

This is Whatup. Her real name is not Whatup, it's Amy. But if you call her Amy to me, I won't be certain who you are talking about. I met Whatup my freshman year of college in some interesting circumstances that resulted in her nickname. I have never called her anything else.


This is Joel. You may remember him from an earlier post. Joel and Whatup are BFF from college and some of my dearest friends. This last weekend was Joel's last weekend in DC. He has been there for about 3 months being a gypsy nurse. Whatup made a last minute decision to grab a flight to our Nation's Capital and gave me an invite up.
After a rather frustrating morning, I headed north. We hopped on the Metro and had such a great time seeing the sights. We managed to make our way to the National Museum of American History and help them close up shop. Of course, Joel wanted to see all the Obama stuff in there. I'm certain that stuff was put up in October, but whatever. :o)

The sights of DC at night are awesome, so we just walked around for awhile until we got hungry.


Once we finished in the city, we had dinner in Old Towne Alexandria and then headed home. I had a blast and so thankful I was able to make the trip up and spend some QT with these folks. Good times...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had fun! Now you have to get ready for the Bright Eyes tour 09!

Unknown said...

I made your post again! :) That picture of the 3 of us with the Capital seriously looks like it is propped up on my head. LOL...fun times!