Sunday, February 22, 2009

2009 Motto

Cleveland legend, Steve Hartline, use to make up slogans and email/text them out at the stroke of midnight for the New Year. In fact, he probably still does it and I've just been deleted from the list, but I digress...I guess I was sort of inspired, as Steve does so well. So, a few years ago I started to attach a Bible verse to the new year. This is a bit more meaningful than Steve's slogans that were sometimes a bit too cliche ("Staying Alive in 2005" for example). It was my way of proclaiming God' promises over the coming 365 days. Mostly prompted by current situations/obstacles, I would identify the verse in my Bible and write the year next to it.

2005: "If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land." Isaiah 1:19
2006: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
2007: "Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful." Joshua 1:8
2008: "No eye has seen no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" I Corinthians 2:9

Each year has a special lesson or breakthrough attached. If you know anything about my 2008, you know that the year was unbelievable but such a blessing in the things God has prepared for me. So, I have been in search of the 2009 promise I want assigned. This last week I realized what it would be:

"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him." Psalm 34:8

I have sown a lot in the last few years and experienced both joy and heartache. Although at the time of disappointments I found it difficult to see the good, I have learned that those moments help me to recognize the blessings. I have been committed to my faith, persevered in the valley, and found refuge in my Lord. I am proclaiming His blessing over my life this year and believing that He will indeed exceed my expectations. This is the year of my harvest!

1 comment:

TateandLily'sMom said...

Thanks for your inspiration today...hope you are doing well.