Monday, April 27, 2009

Today's Trauma

Well, today's "trauma" really is the result of yesterday's trauma. Yesterday afternoon I managed to deeply slice my right pinky open. The actual event didn't hurt but I could not get it to stop bleeding. Finally, I managed to wrap 2 bandaids around it to give just enough pressure to hold the opening shut and subside the bleeding. This morning I decide to change the bandage and lo and behold the blood began to pour. Oh well, off to the doctor I went hoping they could sow me up or something. (SIDEBAR: I have never had stitches before and I have a rather successful record of passing out when donating blood.) I was a little nervous, as you can imagine. When the nurse saw it, she told me that I should have gone to the ER last night and had it stitched. The PA was cool with it and applied the tape to hold my skin together. I felt nauseaous when we were trying to apply pressure to make it stop bleeding and I felt a little light headed on the way to my car. Thankfully, no passing out! The only instruction was to keep the little guy dry. Wouldn't you know the first time I went to the restroom, I washed hands as usual. I'm entirely too irresponsible for these things! So, my day has consisted of TRYING to keep the pinky dry (I dread showering tomorrow) and doing everything with the obnoxious pinky up. AND, since I can't type with it, this entry is the first time I have used apostrophes today (using other fingers of course). I hope this finger heals soon. My pinky is tired from not being used...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You poor thing! Hope it heals soon - wouldn't want you looking like a snob with your pinky up all the time! haha...