Sunday, April 12, 2009

Savannah


My girlfriend, Kirsten, and I have been working on a project at work that has turned our smiles upside down on a number of occasions. So, we decided we deserved to get away for a bit and decided on Savannah. Kirsten had never been and I have family there. So, we made the trip South. We drove to my folks house to shorten the trip listening to Michael Jackson's Thriller much of the way. Aaahhh, the memories it brought back. That was my very first album, I will have you know! According to Kirsten, I had not lived yet because I had NEVER stopped in at South of the Border. We had our picture taken with Pedro to prove it. Anyways, after a nice brunch with my mother we went to Savannah to soak up the history and eat lots of food. Both were successful goals.

































































This is the childhood home of Flannery O'Connor. We took the tour and were captivated by the simple life and beauty of the 1920s.
This is the Mercer House made famous in "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" movie.

The trip was a blast and gave us both the RnR we needed.

1 comment:

The Deavours Family said...

ahhhhh. i'll just pretend i was there. my first "TAPE": Beastie Boys.


...........Brass Monkey...that Funky Monkey.