Sunday, March 22, 2009

3rd Time's a Charm?

This morning (bright and early, mind you) I completed my 3rd half marathon. There are somethings that get easier over time (the pre-race routine, changing my stride when I need to, etc.) and other things that do not (blank thoughts around mile 10, blisters, etc). Today, I experienced something I have never had happen to me. WARNING: Graphic description follows.
Lately, I have had a problem with blisters on the small toe of my left foot. This morning I attempted to thwart the inevitable by wrapping the little guy up. Well, around mile 3 I felt it come undone and slide under my foot. It didn't really hurt, so I thought it would be ok. Over time I could feel it. Then I experienced something entirely new to me around mile 11. The blister on my foot exploded. It was the weirdest thing in the world. By the end, my shoe was covered in blood. Nonetheless, I finished. TMI? Perhaps...

2 comments:

Sarah Bragg said...

congrats on finishing another race!

The Deavours Family said...

oh, that wasn't too graphic....i was expecting something that i've both seen and heard of before: "relieving" yourself while running.

congrats!!!