Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Running is my Prozac

Lately, my life has been a bit stressful. It is only by the grace of God and my running shoes that I haven't completely lost it. Today was what has become a normally stressful day. I have felt a bit under the weather this week, so I haven't run since Saturday. I've tried to justify the break by reminding myself I must rest so that I'm well for my Half Marathon on Sunday.

Anyways, I noticed that I have been stressed when I come home in the evenings this week. Today was one of those "Spring peeks" with temperatures in the 60s and sunshine. I was determined no matter what kind of day or how I felt I was going for a short run after work. While changing clothes my mind was all over the day at work and what I needed to do tonight and then tomorrow at work. Once I started the run, my music took me away from the thoughts of work and my feet took me on a nice brisk run, a little faster than a normal easy jaunt. The sunshine sparked some speed. At the end of those 3 miles, I had forgotten why I was stressed and came home completely energized and ready to accomplish things at home (including some additional work items). I realized what an incredible impact running after a hard day's work makes on me. I hope I'm able to keep running in my life forever. It has become the only medicine to fight stress and depression!

P.S. Weather Channel has good news for the race. It says "Abundant sunshine." I like that phrase. They better not be lying to me!

1 comment:

Buy Prozac Online said...

Emedoutlet is offering Prozac in 10mg, 20mg, 30mg and 40mg at affordable prices online. Prozac is used to treatment of depression and anxiety. Buy Prozac online and save money up to 80%.