Monday, July 6, 2009

It's Like Walking on a Marshmallow...

In case you don't already know and are curious, I am beginning to develop Plantar Fasciitis. That basically means the connective tissue that supports the arch of the foot is inflammed. It is a common injury for runners. I've been stretching my Achilles lately in an effort to minimize the pain. The first steps in the morning are the absolute worst. Well, on July 4th I made a trip to the outlets (a successful one at that). I purposefully wore some flip flops that had more cushion and arch support than my flat J.Crew variety. BIG mistake! I shouldn't have worn flops at all but it went with my outfit! Anyways, by the end of the day I could barely walk and the next morning I all but crawled to the shower. I had to run to Target for an errand, so I decided to see what the good doctor had to offer - Dr. Scholl's that is. God Bless him! I purchase a pair of orthotics specifically for Plantar Fasciitis and my world has changed. I feel like I'm walking on marshmallows! And I'm starting to crave chocolate and graham crackers...

2 comments:

Sarah Bragg said...

and I can't believe you still want to run!

Eleanor Hutchins said...

Funny.
Mur