Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sandy Saturday

I meet my running partner, Karen, every Saturday morning for our long runs. We have had this routine for about 2 years. Recently we registered for this year's Mud Run and knew we needed to start preparing. This race is going to be much more challenging than our normal flat, fast race routes. According to the race's website, the course is "an 8k run with obstacles through the surf, sand, mud and muck of Little Creek Amphibious Base." Obstacles include a wire crawl, tire obstacles, mazes and a mud pit. I'm really looking forward to it (and trying to identify clothes I will toss post race). I'm NOT looking forward to running in sand. This Saturday we attempted a light run/walk at the Bay. The hard part is the softness of the sand and the slip slidin' of your feet. I decided that if I made short, quick strides on the soft sand, it wasn't as bad. I'm hoping the sand is at least flat because my ITB is not a fan of gradient running surfaces. Next weekend we are attempting the Oceanfront sand. I'm hoping that's easier!

No comments: