Monday, October 19, 2009

Cold Today, Hot Tamale

I'm not going to lie, I have waited my entire life to use that line. As kids, we would pass the numerous billboards for South of the Border on our way to Myrtle Beach, and that one was my favorite.

Speaking of tamales...a friend of mine at work spent the last week with her folks. They were visiting from TX and brought all the right ingredients for authentic, homemade tamales. I had never had one before, and since I don't dine on swine, my wonderful co-worker made me veggie versions. Can you believe it? I steamed some up for dinner and might I say they were awesome. S.B., teach me how!!!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

My Dad always says "Chilly today, Hot Tamale"
That's funny!

Eleanor Hutchins said...

Ha Ha...
Well, I suppose you can cross that off of your things to do list of life goals.

Love,
Mur