Saturday, October 17, 2009

"That" Runner

I've been racing since I moved to Virginia Beach. For the first few years, each race was a distance I didn't run often. Now that I'm doing long distances, I rarely do 5ks. (In fact, the only 5k I do each year is Race for the Cure. It was this race that started me on the running wagon, so it's a given I will participate.) Anyways, I can remember going to some races and seeing participants running a few miles prior to the start. I always rolled my eyes and thought it was obnoxious. Well, this morning I ran a 5k. According to the training plan, I was suppose to run 9 miles. That's longer than 3.12. In order to make up the difference, my running partner and I agreed to arrive early, run 2 before the race and then finish the last 4 after the race. During the run I realized, I've become "that" runner.

3 comments:

The Deavours Family said...

lol. love it. i wanna be "that" runner. heck...i just want to run.

Sarah Bragg said...

ditto, amberly.

Carolina Clipper said...

Prior to my kiddos I ran a lot (5Ks, 1/2 marathon, etc). I just got back into it and did a 5K last weekend, another coming up in a month, and then the Cooper River Run 10K in March. Any chance you're doing that one? :)

BTW, I enjoy your blog.

Richelle