Saturday, October 31, 2009

Almost Halfway There...

I'm not going to lie that last week's long run turned into a bad experience and I won't provide details. It made me a little nervous since it was only 1/3 of the marathon distance. After a week of research and some adjustments, I prepped myself for today. There was an inaugural Halloween race at the beach, Wicked 10k. Meghan and I were the only ones that signed up in time before it sold out. So, she and I met up at the race so I could get my first 6 miles in. Karen wasn't able to sign up, so she met me there to run my additional 5 after the race. I was a little cautious during the race a bit nervous about completing that distance and then going back out to run further. Nonetheless, we finished in a respectable time and ran the additional distance better than I had anticipated. I have learned that caffienated GU sure does make a difference in my head and in my body. Sort of gives me that spring in my step needed. So, I finished 11 miles today feeling better than I have felt in a while. Thank the Lord! I'm almost halfway there...

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

last week's run went badly? What heppened?