Sunday, November 15, 2009

O Christmas Tree!

A number of locals shared a fantastic secret of Hampton Roads when it comes to Christmas trees. There's a wholesale company that sells pre-lit trees at a bargain price. The catch is it is cash only and their hours are worse than banker's hours. So, last week I made lunch plans to go with my bud's mom. After a little negotiation, I ended up with a great pre-lit 7 foot tree for $30! Yes, you read that right. I was pumped! So, today I decided to take it out of its box. Say what you want, but I'm leaving it out. I'm not going to decorate it until Thanksgiving, but this is one step done towards Christmas decorating. And, it isn't like people come to my house on the regular. No one will know except all of you...and the rest of the world if they stumble on this site.

3 comments:

Sarah Bragg said...

That's a great deal! You're in good company... we put our tree up a few days before Thanksgiving and it remained up until March!!!

Unknown said...

That's an awesome deal! We have to sell our Christmas tree cuz it's too big for our new place and we need to buy a new one :(

I should stop by randomly just so I can see this tree! :)

Joanna said...

I paid 50 for my 7ft prelit. It's up but not decorated yet either. Too funny . . .