Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hardest Week Complete

T minus 19 days and I'm running my first marathon!!!!!! I can't believe it. This training has absolutely flown by and I have truly enjoyed the long runs.

Last week was the hardest week for my training. The weekday runs were a bit longer than normal and then I completed 20 miles on Saturday morning....all morning. I convinced my buddy Rob to run 9 miles with me on Thursday. He's training for the half, so I told him to use it as his long run. I have never completed a run of that length during the week, so I was a little nervous. I was afraid that my legs would still be tired on Saturday, but soon found out that it really helped me. The 20 miles were not as bad as I anticipated. I felt good during it and even got a second wind around mile 16. We went extremely slow, which was a bit discouraging. However, they say you should train running 2 minutes slower than usual. We definitely did that! Total mileage for the week = 38 miles.

Training is down hill from now on. Now I have to focus on NOT eating as if I ran a million miles and curb that appetite. I've found hard boiled eggs really help with that. Any other ideas of snack options that will satisfy but not make me gain weight? I can't afford to gain weight in the last 3 weeks of training. No sir!

1 comment:

Sarah Bragg said...

38 miles!! i am so impressed!