Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Paint Run

Well, today my house got some construction action. In fact, I think it received more action today than it did during its inception. The crew showed up and started tearing into it. Come to find out, I have had a million or more delinquent tenants, termites! As the lead guy said, "If you can get them to pay you a nickel a piece for rent, you'd be a millionaire." So, they rebuilt the entire front of my house.

Fortunately, the sheetrock damage inside is minimal. They will have to rebuild the interior frame around the window which means I have to paint. There are also some nails peeking in from the new stud wall into the living room. That also means paint. [Read: my mother will be making a trip to paint.]

I figured since I don't have a running companion this week until Thursday, I would try to make today's run a little exciting. So, after work I decided to run to Home Depot and pick up paint samples. I was on plan to run 5 and turns out Home Depot was almost 3 miles one way. BONUS! It made the trip there sort of exciting and the trip back even more so partly to beat the sunset and the other part to see what looks best in the house. Now I have paint samples drying from sweat since they had to hitch a ride in my sports bra. I can't wait to see what works. Hopefully, it won't smell...too badly.

No comments: