Monday, July 19, 2010

One Hundred Pushups

The running community in VAB is both very large but rather small all at the same time. What I mean is there are lots of runners, but everyone has a connection to someone else. Races, running groups, running spots all create opportunities to "know" every one else. I've met several of the local competitive folks only because my running partner's husband introduces me to these people at races. They couldn't pick me out of a lineup. This leads me to today's post. One of these guys that would not remember me but that I recall is Steve Speirs. He's a pretty serious marathoner and puts all of us to shame with his sub 3 hour race time.

A few months ago I learned about his website: one hundred pushups. The idea is to commit for 6 weeks to his program in an effort to improve your pushup count. Last week I took the initial test fully aware of my lack of upper body strength. I'm gonna give this thing a go. Sure, 100 pushups is a rather lofty goal, but so was 26.2 miles.

Today starts day one. Anyone want to join me?

No comments: