Saturday, August 30, 2008

Proud to be a woman


I have spent the last 20 years emotionally and intellectually involved in the GOP. So, I live for election season every 4 years. A few months ago I got wind of a possible VP selection that I found to be appealing. I told folks when we talked Veepstake speculations to watch out for the governor of Alaska. I knew this would be a valuable pick for a number of reasons. When I woke up on Friday, I was prepared to accept Mitt Romney as the pick. I was certain McCain wouldn't pick my girl. My mother called me at 8:30 to inform me the rumors started to fly and it could be Sarah Palin. The day was gone at that point. I had to keep my eyes to Foxnews.com for the story. Before I knew it, my inbox on both my phone and computer was filling up with emails about Palin. It was her! McCain picked my girl!!! I couldn't believe it. Ecstatic and elated are the best descriptions for my reaction. Gov. Palin is an amazing woman and a brilliant pick. Not only will I vote, I will vote with enthusiasm. And for the first time, I plan to participate in the campaign process in my area. I will forever remember this moment in time when a woman of character and substance, a woman that has found balance between family and career, and a woman that isn't afraid to get dirty and sweaty has the opportunity to break the glass ceiling of executive leadership in our country. I have been proud of my country many, many times before now, but I am especially proud to be a woman right now.

2 comments:

Bobby Lou Cash said...

I was very surprised.
Mur

Joel Andrews said...

Hey, I just accepted an offer at Georgetown...so regardless who wins I will be there for another inauguration!!! If your boy wins (and I must admit, it's now looking highly possible) you can come visit!