Thursday, September 30, 2010

I cut. I'm committed.

A friend at work also started sewing when I did. So, we swap ideas and share things that we learn along the way. Today, she brought in her latest project, a quilt! Let me tell you it was so awesome! I felt guilty since I have been rather slack in my sewing sessions, but seeing her excellent craftsmanship inspired me. All day at work I was thinking about what I could make tonight.

Today we had a bit of a tropical storm, so afternoon running was easily cancelled. Since I had extra time, I came home and made myself some coffee ready to get some things accomplished. Boy, did coffee do the trick!

I decided to close the loop on some napkins I had started last year. Here is a picture of one of my new fall napkins:



Well, when I finished those I decided to bite the bullet and dive into my Starbucks T-Shirt quilt. I had a discussion today that I've been putting this off because I'm nervous. You see, once you cut, then you are committed. (I'm not the world's best at commitment.) I have spent hours designing this quilt, but just couldn't cut the shirts...until tonight. I decided I would just do it! I managed to cut 4 of the larger panels and attach the interfacing. I've got goals to cut a few each night and attach interfacing so that I can start piecing them together. I'm getting excited about it now! I hope this thing will turn out and in the next few weeks I have something comfy to curl up on the couch with. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: