Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall Celebrated

Can you think of a better way to spend a Saturday evening to kick off fall than pumpkin carving?
I didn't think so. So, that is exactly what we did last weekend. To celebrate the cool weather, Kirsten and Jesse came over with pumpkin in tow for an evening of carving.
The boys had not carved pumpkins before and I had no experience with it either other than watching my parents as a kid. As a result, I didn't have proper carving tools. The fellas ran to the store to purchase the proper instruments and found a fun pumpkin carving book with an assortment of patterns for us to choose from. And here are the products of our loverly evening:
My pumpkin was the "easiest" and so it doesn't look as cool as everyone else's pumpkin. Plus, I was the last one finished. It is suppose to be an owl in a tree. I'm just not good at artistic projects but I had fun anyways.
I think Jesse's was considered the hardest according to the book. He did a really good job, but that is to be expected. He is good at everything.
Kirsten chose the fun white pumpkin and freehanded her carving. She's an artist with blantanly obvious talent.


Chip wanted to find a Thundercat pattern but settled for the howling wolf included in the book. I think he was pleased with the wolf.

I love fall!! Are you carving pumpkins this year?



No comments: