Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Color Scheme Quest

Since the Flood of twenty-ten, I have the opportunity to do a little upgrading and redecorating. As exciting as it is, it is also a big headache. I feel like I can't do anything until 1) I get the moolah squared away with insurance and 2) I figure out what the crap I am going to do.

In the meantime, my home is an absolute wreck and I'm walking on concrete slab in half of my house. I have discovered I own more things than any single woman should own. And my Christmas projects are behind schedule since my home is in disarray. I hope this chaos is over very soon.

Here is one of my main dilemmas: Master Bath colors. I get to repace the vanity cabinet because it was damaged and the floor. I figured this was a great opportunity to fix it up since I have hated it for sometime now. I really want a black cabinet. I can't find any COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) cabinets I can afford and would want. I've almost decided to go custom. But I could save a lot of money if I just bought a standard white cabinet at Home Depot. I think I want to paint the walls a shade of gray but I'm struggling with the accent color. I have thoughts of Red (because I hate red) or yellow. I cannot decide on anything! Anyone have suggestions? HELP!

3 comments:

Sarah Bragg said...

Girl... i have lots of info on all that! I have searched lots of sites for vanities and we are also working with gray and blue color schemes so I can pass some color names to you.

Adrienne said...

Minty-Fresh! Its so funny that's you're diggin' on black cabinets, we JUST got done "black-ify-ing" OUR master bath cabinets!

Here's what you do: find a door cut that you like (inlay, whatever) in an unfinished wood and then PAINT it! We did a glossy black. I was worried about the gloss at first, as I have satin everywhere else in the house, but it looks faboosh, AND being a gloss makes it much more resilient to cleaning. Good luck and God speed!

Kirsten said...

Oooo, I love the gray and yellow combo, but I have also been digging on gray and pear green as of late. You know I'm a sucker for pear green :)