Thursday, May 21, 2009

BONUS!

So, a few months ago I heard that Coldplay was coming to town and I mentioned it to a few folks to see if anyone was interested in going. I didn't really have any bites, so I didn't bother. About a week ago, our amphitheater had a lawn blowout sale for their summer shows. Lawn tickets were 10 bucks and Coldplay was on the list! So, that changed a few folks minds. Kirsten agreed to go and a few folks from work were already planning to take their wives, so we met up with them. I also met up with the SBUX crowd.
I noticed a small stage on the lawn when we walked up and remembered a friend mentioning that they play out in the crowd. Of course, I insisted we set up camp there and we did. The show was awesome but even more so when we were about 4-6 feet away from the band. My pictures aren't very good because of my placement in reference to the obnoxious spotlight. But I was able to grab a few pics not to mention my camera battery was dying (I must plan much better than i currently do).


I've liked Coldplay for awhile, but my respect and adoration for them soared post show. These guys are not only talented but very humble and appreciative of their fans. I've been to a million shows and it was the first time I felt like they really were grateful that we sacrificed our time to support them. On top of it all, they gave away a free CD to all concert goers. Kirsten and I laughed on the way home because the price of our lawn ticket was the price of a CD. "We bought this really great CD and got a FREE Coldplay concert!" BONUS!

3 comments:

Sarah Bragg said...

that's awesome! we saw them this fall and were like 6 feet from them on the small stage, too.

The Woods Family said...

hey mindy! i am now officially following your blog. my blog is private so i may need to send you an invite to my blog. i will get your e-mail address from jo.

Joanna said...

Oh my gosh! You got so close! I'm so jealous that I didn't know to sit close to the stage. I agree, they are one of the best groups around, especially in concert.