Sunday, May 10, 2009

Funny thing happened yesterday...

Yesterday was ODU's graduation and my dear friend, Pattee, finally completed her undergrad degree. This was a major accomplishment for her and with every exciting milestone, a party is deserved. Folks from all over came to town for the event and it was a lot of fun. Well, a funny little thing happend during the party...

If you know me at all, you know that I'm not a big animal person. I mean, if you ask Kirsten or Dyanna, they would say I hate animals but I don't. I just don't get excited if I see them and I don't want your dog jumping all over me. I'm not mean about it, just indifferent. Well, meet Gracie:

She's the cute little dog Rob is holding and her "mom" is the camera lady. Well, "mom" brought Gracie outside and there were a few older dogs present. I guess they were scaring Gracie so "mom" picked her up and says to me, "Mindy, can you hold her for a few minutes. She isn't ready for all these dogs yet." I politely smile and say "Sure!" When she walks away I look at the girl beside me, smile, and say "I don't like dogs." We just started to laugh (Gracie still in my lap) and Rob walks out and yells "Mindy, you don't like dogs!" Finally, Pattee's sister comes over and asks if she can hold her and I more than willingly oblige. I still chuckle about it and I think of Dyanna, Kirsten, Ali, and Adrienne. They all would have thoroughly enjoyed it!

2 comments:

The Deavours Family said...

omgosh. that is HILARIOUS!!!

Adrienne said...

um, excuse me? did uh... you forget to mention this to me today or are you trying to shock me right out of my skin in public forum?

tsk!

ps- my word verification is 'dillies'. this is awesome.