Friday, September 18, 2009

Constitution Day Reviewed

It's no coincidence that I would be born on Constitution Day. That's right! 191 years prior to my entrance, our Constitution was signed and approved. Although September 17, 2009, was not as monumental as the same day in 1787, it turned out pretty good.

Here's my birthday recap:

8:00am Arrive at work to discover various gifts on my desk. I work with some of the most thoughtful people. I received an avocado plant that was born at my birthday weekend last year, Post-It note labels (which I have been dying to buy!), and a clever DIY cheese kit so I can make my own mozzarella and ricotta. Mmmmmm

9:00am Work Inspection to last all day. Disappointment: my rep forgot to bring me cupcakes like I requested.

Noon Received another thoughtful gift of stationary and notepads from my ex-officemate.

3:30pm Left work early to run off the stress of the day and be ready to eat like a queen with Chip later. Rob Socia and I knocked out a good 5 miles and I worked up a great appetite.

5:30pm Chip arrives with a dozen red roses. They are so pretty!

6:30pm After Chip's attempts to throw me off a number of times to where we are eating, we finally arrive at the Melting Pot. An evening of eating, eating, and more eating: Cheese fondue, Salad, Meats and Veggies, and Chocolate Oreo and Marshmallow Fondue. I may never have to eat again!

It was such an awesome day! My folks arrive today for more celebrating all weekend long! Woo-Hoo!

2 comments:

Sarah Bragg said...

Love all your gifts!! I love thoughtful gifts like the post-it labels!

Anonymous said...

It is a birthday miracle!