Monday, September 21, 2009

Day One - Marathon Training

Today was officially the kickoff run for my 6 month Marathon training program. I only wanted to run 4.5 miles but my buddy wanted to keep going to 5 miles. I realized at that moment that I needed to go ahead and start pushing myself even if I don't feel like it. My mind said go, but my body said no. I hadn't made the best eating decisions during the day since my AWESOME co-workers/friends brought in a birthday brunch for me. (I should have only partaken at 10am and not round 2 in the afternoon.) The food was so wonderful, but not so much around mile 4 when my stomach began to turn and I wasn't sure I was going to make it. I pushed through and made it. I'm glad I did, but I'm still recovering as I type.

Note to self: Making good eating decisions will make the distance easier to acheive.

No comments: