Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Different than you planned...

In less than 2 hours, I will officially be in my 30s. Sitting here realizing another year has passed and gone, I'm thankful for where I am today rather than where I was a year ago. My entire life is different, for the good. However, I can't help but recall how I predicted life would be at this age. You know, when your young and certain that you will meet the man of your dreams and begin your family by 30 while establishing a rock solid career as a successful doctor/lawyer making 6 digits with just a few more years before you can run for President. Yea, 30 wasn't the benchmark for any of those.

Earlier today I was so pleased with life. However, at this hour I can detect a hint of depression surfacing. How true it is that the mind is quite a battlefield and you choose what you feed. Feed the thoughts of defeat and depression and that is exactly what will grow. Feed the joy of accomplishment and satisfaction with my present circumstances, and you can be sure those thoughts and feelings will grow. I'm learning my weapons of warfare in a very real and applicable way. Nonetheless, it sure isn't how I had planned...

No comments: