Monday, December 21, 2009

FB, Reconnecting

In my LTS days, I would serve on the Convention committee and assist the various keynote speakers in whatever way necessary to get them ready for the event. My final year there allowed me to spend some QT (quality time) with a gentleman from WI that spearheaded the marketing revolution of Harley Davidson in the 90s. He's pretty popular among motivational speakers in the marketing arena. We developed an email relationship before his arrival, hung out while he was in town at various Convention events, and emailed a few times afterwards. Let me tell you, he is the coolest cat I've ever met! Sure, he's probably about a decade or more older than myself, but he's the kind of dude I would have been friends with in any social setting. Well, I don't know if you have noticed in the Hampton Roads area, but the local Harley shop has commercials on every time I turn the radio on. Yesterday I thought, "Wonder whatever happened to Ken?" FACEBOOK! I searched it out and found him! I sent him a request and asked if he remembered me. His response: "Of COURSE I do for cripe's sake!" So, we've reconnected thanks to the interweb and Facebook. He's one of my favorite people, so I'm pretty pumped about it.

No comments: