Thursday, December 31, 2009

NEW is the new Excitement

Well, technically speaking, I begin my new position tomorrow. I've been wrapping things up in my current position and spending quality time with the individual that I will be replacing. I'm really excited about the new adventure but am nervous about change. I have a new office location in addition to my current office. That means new people, new morning routine, and possibly new afternoon routine. Of course, with the new position comes new processes, new forms, new policies, and new headaches. Today, as we completed the turnover, I looked for new items that are exciting. So here are the top 5 things I have to look forward to:

5) Newer, nicer office furniture. The furniture in this office matches and presents a great opportunity to make the space my own.

4) New workforce with more women than men. Kirsten says that means more baked goods. I'm ok with that.

3) New planner. I bought a brand new planner last night so I can keep up with myself. In college, I depended on one but in recent years I just make lists on all kinds of notepads instead of one place. I'm resuming the planner devotion beginning today.

2) New flexibility. Since I have 2 offices, that means I will be mobile and my schedule will be flexible. I'm super pumped about that.

1) The number one thing I am excited about is: WATER COOLER! My current office does not have a water cooler but my new one does! You have no idea how excited I am. It will be the reason I get out of bed.

Hooray for new!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm working on it!!