Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pagers aren't gone yet

I've spent a better part of this week in DC attending a conference with my organization. In case you do not know, our products and services include some of the most advanced technological items available in the world. However, our employees may not be so tech saavy.

A gentleman from one of our business units in charge of the more complicated products sat two seats away from me. The first day I began to hear a very loud buzzing sound and noticed the gentleman grab his phone and leave the room. Over time, the obnoxiously loud buzz began to annoy me to no end and I realized it was the gentleman's PAGER. That's right, a pager. Now, can someone explain to me how a man that was using a Blackberry and works for one of the most technologically advanced organizations in the world uses a freakin' pager? I mean, doesn't everyone's cellular voicemail give an option to page someone?

Moral of the story: Pagers. Even a rocket scientist can use it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Weed.