Saturday, December 5, 2009

PHILLY!

The weekend before Thanksgiving, I made a little trip north to Philadelphia. Chip was working in the area, so we took advantage of the opportunity. The morning of my trip, I ran 16 miles at 6am with every intention to take a little nap prior to the plane ride. Well, that didn't happen. So, with the little bit of sleep I was able to steal on the plane ride, I managed to stay awake and enjoy all that we could in Philly Saturday. First stop: Cheesesteaks.


Now, if you have heard anything about Philly Cheesesteaks, you know about the corner with 2 famous steak places across the street from each other. Different people prefer different places, but we decided on Pat's. We considered trying both, but to be honest we were hungry and not in the mood to wait in line AGAIN. The cheesesteak was ok, but unfortunately I have had better in other places. In fact, Chip looks at me afterwards and says "There's a better one at a place on Tidewater Drive back home. I'll take you there..."


Here I am stuffing my face. Chip didn't want a picture stuffing his face. Weird...


Chip and I decided to drive around a bit and take in some sights. We stumbled on Penn's Landing and since there was 25 minutes left on the meter, we took a little walk to check it out. Chip is an engineer, so when he saw all the suspension bridges at the Landing, he began to explain how it all works. To realize that cables hold that thing up made me extremely uncomfortable driving over them. They make me nervous.

On Sunday, we decided to hit the historical sites. My girlfriend, Karin, and her beau were in Baltimore and agreed to drive over and meet us for the sightseeing. We had a blast and managed to see most everything. My only regret was we didn't see the steps from Rocky. Next time. Next time.

My camera battery died as we approached the Liberty Bell, so whenever I get Chip's pics, I'll post more...hopefully.

1 comment:

CP said...

This reminds me... We need to go to Philly Style on Tidewater Drive...