Sunday, June 28, 2009

Amish Country, Ohio

One of my girlfriends tied the knot in Amish Country, Ohio. She is the first of the Bright Eyes to marry, so we all had to be there for this momentous occassion. I was a little unsure of what the middle of nowhere Ohio would have to offer. I was in for a real treat! Although it took Joanna and I what seemed like forever to arrive in Cleveland (the other one) and then drive to the middle of nowhere, we were not disappointed. Saturday morning while the bride and Maid of Honor were getting ready, Joanna and I decided to explore this little town. Guess what we found? CHEESE!
Laugh if you must, but to find a cheese showroom where all flavors of cheese are ready for tasting is heavenly. And taste we did! I probably tasted well over 20 different kinds of cheese identifying new favorites (yogurt cheese and farmer's cheese) and even some that I didn't care for (butter cheese). We had a blast!


Here are the ladies right before the wedding. What a joy to share this time with Nikki and to catch up with everyone. As a single woman, attending a wedding can create lots of thoughts in your own head about what you hope for your future. By the end of the weekend, I think the remaining 3 of us had everything worked out in our heads minus the groom. But why get caught up in the tiny details, right?




Here we are at the reception. We got a good kick out of this picture because neither Karin or I realized I was holding her hand for the picture. HAHA! It was pretty funny.


Congrats, Nikki! We wish you and Sky a happy future together.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

What a great time, minus sleep deprivation. I didn't realize how terrible I looked at the cheese factory.(definitely not bright eyes material there) Great memories though. I'm surprised you didn't mention the amish fried pies:)