Sunday, June 7, 2009

Olives, No Thank You

I consider myself a pretty serious foodie. I love food. I love cooking. I love eating. I hate olives. I was reading about the MUFA (monounsaturated fatty acid) quality of olives and decided to give them another shot. I mean, perhaps I could incorporate olives into my life. I decided to try tapenade. I hear about this olive spread on the food network and read about it in my various cookbooks and food mags. If Rachael Ray loves it, I will too, right? She's never let me down before. WRONG! I bought green olive tapenade today to give it a try. I mean, it's a win-win purchase at Trader Joe's since I can get a refund if I hate it. Well, it's official. I hate it. I just can't make myself like them. If you've got any ideas, I'd try it again. Is there a way to ease yourself into olives?

1 comment:

The Deavours Family said...

Um, I eat them by the jar. I used to be that way about spinach, but acquired a taste due to the nutritional value. I mean...you could do the hold your nose and swallow tactic. Do you like capers? They taste similar to me. I love the saltiness. What if you mixed your spread w/ cream cheese...on a baguette?