Saturday, June 6, 2009

Red Light, Green Light

I witnessed the funniest thing this morning. Due to crazy weekend schedules, my running partner and I decided to hit the park at 6:30am as opposed to our usual 8 or 8:30 schedule. Being done so early, I couldn't do my usual Trader Joe's stop on the way home. I decided to head to Starbucks and have some breakfast. It was a bit chilly, so I opted for a hot cappuccino instead of my iced summer drink. (Can you smell the espresso? Mmmmm) I had bought a new book the night before and had it in the car, so I settled in at the store to read, eat, and drink. Then it was time to go home (and take a nap). Almost to my abode I remembered that I needed to stop at the bank. I figured they opened at 8am and it was almost 9. Once I pulled up, I realized that they were not open and there were cars sitting about 10-15 feet away from the drive-thru windows waiting on them to open. Then I noticed the red lights over the lanes and concluded they were closed but probably only for the next 3 minutes. And then, it happened. I was sitting behind one car and the lane to my immediate right had another car waiting the same distance from the window. When that red light above the lane turned green, I thought for a moment I was at a NASCAR race as the cars both pulled to the window with such great speed and determination to be the first customer on this Saturday morning. I just sat there laughing until I realized I needed to resume my position as 2nd in line. WOW!

No comments: