Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Fray

You may recall that my good buddy from college, Jeremy McCoy, is playing bass for The Fray. Well, they made a stop in Virginia Beach during their summer tour and we were able to meet up. Jeremy joined me for church on Sunday morning and then we caught up talking about everything from politics to the modern church. I have always respected Jeremy and his opinion, so it was great to discuss these topics that are so near to my heart and to hear his perspective. I gained alot of wisdom from that discussion about many things. Thanks, Jeremy!

I found it quite entertaining when we returned to the venue to drop him off and the "security guard" was so lenient on letting us back. All Jeremy told him was "I'm with the band." I thought, couldn't just about anybody use that line? Oh well...

Apparently, the band gets a certain number of tickets for each venue that they can give away to family and friends. Fortunately, they didn't need many for VA Beach, so Jeremy graciously provided some tickets and After Show passes. Chip and I met up with Meghan and her beau for the show. I tried to take lots of pictures of Jeremy but it took a while before I figured out how to make them look better.





After the show, the band hangs out with their friends and family for a bit. We went backstage and spent time with Jeremy. We also had an opportunity to meet a few folks with the band. Everyone was really nice and Jeremy seems happy to be doing what he's doing. I jokingly told him he did great, but who were those other guys on stage?!?! LOL I hope he's able to stay with this gig for awhile. They would be losing if they didn't let him.










1 comment:

Sarah Bragg said...

That's so cool!!! What a great gig for Jeremy! You look so good in the picture!