Monday, August 31, 2009

And this is why I run...

My love for running was revived today. Summer weather drives a wall between me and my running shoes every year. Sure, you can make it work out for a little while but once the humidity becomes unbearable I begin to reconsider my commitment to the sport. Today, we have reconciled our relationship...at least until July.
Today's weather may not have gotten many others as excited as it did me. In fact, I told a friend how I wanted to go outside and run if "the rain is drizzly and not downpour." She didn't seem to feel the same way. Well, after work and some errands, I looked at the temperature gauge to determine I would be an idiot not to take advantage of 67 degree weather on the last day of August. I went to my usual changing spot, threw on my clothes (and my hat), and took off. It took all that was in me NOT to take off in full sprint. I was so excited to be out there, rain and all. It was the longest run I've had during the week since this sweltering heat has come upon us in the 757. Surprisingly, I was quite alone at the Park most of the run. Doesn't anyone else care that it was perfect running weather? I've fallen in love all over again. I guess that's just in time for Marathon training!!

1 comment:

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

Love the post. I am right with you. I love fall running and the cooler temps!

Amy
blog.runnerslounge.com
www.runnerslounge.com