Saturday, August 15, 2009

Popeye the Movie

Last night, I found out a friend of mine owns Popeye, the movie. Immediately, I had thoughts of my childhood and how that movie was my absolute favorite. When I was very young, we lived in Germany. Movies and television (from the US) were limited and there are only two things I distinctly remember watching from that time of my life: Fame and Popeye. I remember thinking Robin Williams was so awesome, never realizing how vulgar and crazy he really was! In fact, I saw Popeye before I ever saw Mork and Mindy. This movie was my introduction to Robin Williams. Well, I decided to take a walk down memory lane while I wait on Chip today and watch the movie. This thing is classic and has a million quotable lines beyond "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today." This movie is still awesome, I'll have you know!

No comments: