Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tampa

I had a conference in Tampa last week to attend with a co-worker/friend, Ryan. The conference was actually pretty interesting and I was able to get a handle on some procedures that I have otherwise been learning on my own. The evenings made it a nice trip and break from my routine life. My girlfriend, Cybil, lives there and I was certain she would give birth during my visit. Unfortunately, that was not the case. I'm disappointed. Nonetheless, we were able to meet up, have dinner, and catch up on life. I enjoyed that.


Ryan brought his family on the trip and they graciously adopted me for the week. We went to watch the Tampa Bay Rays and NY Yankees play baseball one night (even though the American Idol tour was playing about 500 feet from our hotel window. :o) ) We even had several meals together. It was a lot of fun. I'm not sure you can tell but Ryan's shirt says "This is what awesome looks like." His son bought it for him while we were in the conference and it was quite the hit. I'm just sad I didn't have a chance to buy one to give as a gift. It was pretty hilarious.
Well, I'm back home and back to the grind tomorrow...



No comments: