Friday, January 29, 2010

Caught Up!

I grew up in the Valley of Southeast TN. Snow was not common. In fact, the threat of snow was laughable. We just didn't get it there often (unless you recall the blizzard of '93). Moving to VAB didn't change the comedy of snow warnings. Well, this place is all up in arms right now. Rumor on the weather channel is we are expecting 6-12 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. I had a 25k race scheduled for tomorrow morning, but it was cancelled because of the scare. I figured it might just be worth the fear if the Striders cancelled the race. I don't know if you know many runners, but serious ones don't cancel runs unless it is absolutely necessary. Well, in the midst of all the weather talk, I figured I should probably go to the grocery store. If I lost power, I would starve to death. I made the stop after work today with the rest of Hampton Roads and something that I cannot explain came over me. I started buying soda, crackers, and cereal, items I rarely ever buy. Before I knew it, I was filling my cart with all kinds of foods I never buy. I watched everyone around me stock up and I did the same. Now, I failed to register in my own head that those around me were probably buying for several others. I was just buying for me. What can I say? I just got caught up...

No comments: