Monday, January 11, 2010

Guilty Pleasure

I find that people love to impress others by their music preferences. In some circles, if you can name bands that other people haven't heard of you are way cool, indie music cool. Or if you want to further confirm your southern heritage, you announce your music heart belongs to Lynard Skynard or Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. The stereotypes can go on and on. I personally am a sucker for some classic rock and 80s music with synthesizers. However, recently I have discovered a musical guilty pleasure.

Taylor Swift is stinkin' adorable. I recently admitted this fact to some dude friends at work and learned I AM NOT ALONE! These grown men who are cooler than cool love her, too. Her innocence and charm have pulled me into her fan club. In fact, I even spent money and bought her CD! In the days of iTunes and CD-R drives, I rarely buy music. But I'm so impressed with her that I made the monetary investment. Plus, it doesn't hurt that I went to college with the dude in this picture, her producer.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

There are grown men here who are cooler than cool? Where?