Monday, December 29, 2008

Broken Glass

In the last month I have had some major bad luck with glass. A few weeks ago I knocked over a vase of glass flowers I have had since college. Shattered on the floor...Tonight, this happened:

My picture above the fireplace fell and shattered this evening. It actually landed like this and I watched the whole thing happen. Stuff like this just makes me sick. If it is ok, I am going to whine a little bit. It stinks when things like this happen to a single woman, even though it will be easily repaired by replacing the glass. When things go wrong in the home, I always have this initial feeling of loneliness. Isn't that ridiculous? It does sort of pour salt in the wound when things happen and you have no one to help you out. I'm not even going to clean it up tonight....or tomorrow. Perhaps I should consider all things plastic and leave glass out of my life.

Looks like I'm making a trip to Michael's on New Year's Day...

4 comments:

The Deavours Family said...

Don't be too sad or lonely....you'll probably still be the one cleaning it up! =)

Bobby Lou Cash said...

Unless you marry a handyman (and maybe not even then) I have to agree with Amberly about you end up cleaning it up anyway. I understand what you are saying though. You feel fine about things till something out of the ordinary happens. The straw that breaks the single girls back. Sounds like a good title of a book.
Mary
PS. This is in no way meant to be a slam against my non-handy husband.

Unknown said...

Girl don't I know...I feel the same way when stupid stuff like that happens!! Like when I got a flat tire...

The Denbow Family said...

Totally normal :) I remember those same feelings!!