Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Music At Work

My officemate has graciously let me listen to the All Christmas All the Time radio station since returning from the T-Day holiday. I have made some discoveries:
  • Debbie Gibson sings "Sleigh Ride" and I L-O-V-E it. This just continues to support the fact that "Electric Youth" was not her last great hit! Unfortunately, they don't play it enough for me.
  • EVERYONE and their mother sings "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." Fun Fact: Originally written for Judy Garland in "Meet Me in St. Louis". Notice that some versions say "...muddle through somehow..." and others say "...hang a shining star on the highest bough..." or something like that. The latter was introduced by Frank Sinatra.
  • Jimmy Eat World should never have covered "Last Christmas." This song is sacred only to Wham!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am post holiday with my comment but I can't agree more - Wham holds the key to that song and no one else should be able to try and duplicate it!! I don't know that I have heard DG's version...bummer! And Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas just happens to be my fave so I love that everyone sings it! :)