Wednesday, December 24, 2008

CAUTION: Interaction Required

So, Mur did this on her blog and I thought it would be fun too. Post comments to guess. Come on, it could be fun!

Movie Quotes
I have picked 20 of my favorite movies in no particular order and posted a quote from each. Try to guess the movie but NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search or other search functions.

1. "There's a lotta things about me you don't know anything about, Dottie. Things you wouldn't understand. Things you couldn't understand. Things you shouldn't understand."

2. "My nails, I bit them all because of you! And my hair! Look at my hair! I cut it off just for you! Of all the pigheaded fathers!"

3. " You'll be wearing rubber gloves. Do you own rubber gloves?" "I rent 'em. I have a lease with an option to buy."

4. "I gotta go to college." "You don't have to go to college. This isn't Russia. Is this Russia? This isn't Russia."

5. "My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We're coming in from the north, below their radar." "When will you be back?" "I can't tell you that. It's classified."

6. "Brad, no chocolate! Your acne! Sarah. It is time for your cough syrup...Daryl, fasten your seat belt." "She's definitely losing it." "I am not losing anything, I am still in control here! Got it?"

7. "I been saving' this money for a divorce, if ever I got a husband."

8. "I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite."

9. "Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?"

10. "In this house, it's hard to survive. Some'll be dead, who are now alive. Mr. Uwatsum is gone, cause he knew too much. Bye for now, but rest assured we'll keep in constant contact with each other."

11. "Fraulein, is it to be at every meal, or merely at dinnertime, that you intend on leading us all through this rare and wonderful new world of... indigestion? "

12. "Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master. But, I chickened out and said the first name that came to mind."

13. "No wonder you're late. Why, this watch is exactly two days slow."

14. "I woke up when I heard our dog barking, and I thought Chadwick was coming in then. But then I realized that it couldn't be, 'cause we don't have a dog. "

15. " I'm sure that in 1985 plutonium is available in every corner drugstore, but in 1955 it's a little hard to come by."

16. "Kay, hold still right there. Now, just imagine you're weightless, in the middle of the ocean, surrounded by tiny little seahorses."

17. " Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple. "

18. "Leapin' lizards!"

19. "I already know an awful lot of people and until one of them dies I couldn't possibly meet anyone else. "

20. "How do you feel?" "I use to use my hands."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mindy, it's Anna (Lewis) Anderson. Brian and I LOVE movies and movie trivia, so when I saw this, I had to respond. Let's see if I get some right: 2. Parent Trap 8. Elf 11. Sound of Music 12. Christmas Story 15. Back to the Future (that's a guess) 17. Willy Wonka (the old one) 18. Annie

I hope you have a Merry Christmas! Thanks for the game. :) anna.m.anderson@gmail.com

Mindyb said...

Good job, Anna! Of course, as my college roommate you could probably guess what some of them were before even looking. :o) Thanks for playing and Merry Christmas!

Mindyb said...

BTW, Anna, I saw Willy Wonka at your house for the first time. I always think of you when I watch it.

Bobby Lou Cash said...

Hey Mindy, this is John. I have a few guesses.
1 Pee wee’s big adventure
3 Fletch
4 Real Genius (John) Legally Blonde (Mary)
6. Adventures in Babysitting
8. Elf
9. Christmas Vacation
16.Napoleon Dynamite

Mindyb said...

Very good, Johnny! However, your number 4 guess is incorrect. I was waiting for you to get Fletch. That's taking it back to our high school days, huh? I always think of Drew when Fletch talks about ball bearings...

Unknown said...

This was a little hard for me. I only got the ones Anna and John and Mary guessed but have a guess for one more - #5 - Top Gun??

Mindyb said...

Sorry, Whatup. Top Gun is not on the list.